Systems Engineer III (VMWare) (CLIN 111).
The Contractor shall be responsible for design, implementation and providing ongoing support of the on premise hybrid and cloud Infrastructure.
Position requirements and duties of the Systems Engineer III (VMware)
- The Contractor shall design, implement and provide ongoing support of the on premise hybrid and cloud Infrastructure.
- The Contractor shall serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for all VMware environments.
- The Contractor shall create and maintain an on premise cloud, software defined data center infrastructure for both bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate SAN, network, or local storage configurations, using both OEM and third party tools that include virtual storage tools and services.
- The Contractor shall manually and automated provision/configure of all required resources for servers.
- The Contractor shall evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the virtualized infrastructure.
- The Contractor shall monitor and correct critical storage issues and create recovery processes and hardware for failures and performance bottlenecks.
- The Contractor shall install, configure, test and maintain system management tools, infrastructure and server plugins.
- The Contractor shall proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- The Contractor shall monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- The Contractor shall maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- The Contractor shall write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks, such as automated provisioning storage with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- The Contractor shall participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- The Contractor shall provide 4th level support.
- The Contractor shall liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- he Contractor shall ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval.
- The Contractor shall integrate systems with Windows and Linux as it applies to core service dependencies. Engineer and implement solutions for multi factor authentication with FBI standardized software and hardware.
- The Contractor shall document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license keys.
- The Contractor shall continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
- The Contractor shall provide real-time reporting of provisioned and non-provisioned and utilized resources to include performance metrics for availability, performance and trends.
Experience/Education requirements for the Systems Engineer III (VMware)
This position shall be filled with individuals that have a minimum of VMware Data Center Virtualization and Cloud Management and Automation certification within the last five years, a bachelor’s degree preferred, and 8 years of experience required.