Functional Subject Matter Expert (SME) III (Windows) (CLIN 205).
The Contractor shall be responsible for engineering, design, integration, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base Windows server 2012 or later server and Windows 7 and 10 desktop or later operating system, but for all support libraries, components and application dependencies. In-depth knowledge of:
Microsoft operating systems (Windows 2012R2 and Windows 2016 or higher) Nano, Core, and Server with a Desktop Experience, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) and modifying task sequences for MDT, DISA STIGS, how to apply, how to modify Microsoft security policy templates, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, SCVMM, Pre-boot Execution Environment (PXE) experience and knowledge creating and maintaining PXE server, expert knowledge in driver requirements for Microsoft windows operating systems, expert in WINPE, expert in Windows Deployment Services, expert in Windows Assessment and Deployment Toolkit (ADK), expert in Windows Automated Installation Toolkit (AIK), expert in using and creating scripts using Microsoft PowerShell, expert in knowledge of Microsoft Sysprep tools, extensive knowledge of Microsoft deployment tools and scripting required.
Position requirements and duties of the Functional Subject Matter Expert III (Windows) (SME)
- The Contractor shall design, implement, and integrate as well as provide ongoing support of the Windows Infrastructure.
- The Contractor shall serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for all Windows environments and have expert knowledge and skills in using the tools listed in 4.7 above.
- The Contractor shall engineer, integrate, design and deploying various Windows components and expert knowledge in Active Directory, Group Policy, digital certificates, multi factor integration, DNS and DHCP.
- The Contractor shall create and maintain bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate distribution of Windows and network configuration, using tools that include Windows Deployment Services, System Center Configuration Manager, SCOM, SCVMM, Hyper-V, SQL Server, Windows 2016, and Windows 10.
- The Contractor shall create baselines for Windows Server 2012 or higher with the appropriate DISA STIGS applied for Windows 2012R2 Core, Windows 2012R2 Full, Windows 2012 Nano, Windows 2016 Core, Windows 2016 or higher with Desktop Experience, Windows 7, and Windows 10 or higher.
- The Contractor shall create a deployable method for the baselines to include network installation, PXE Boot, WDS, SCCM, MDT Share, DVD, and USB Device.
- The Contractor shall create a step-by-step build documentation and engineering documentation for all versions of baseline images.
- The Contractor shall create an MDT deployment server with full functionality to deploy systems.
- The Contractor shall create MDT Deployment user and engineering documentation.
- The Contractor shall create a PXE Boot Deployment Server, user documentation and engineering documentation.
- The Contractor shall provision/configure required software onto servers, such as web servers and databases such as SQL Server.
- The Contractor shall possess proficient understanding of networks, storage, and LAN/WAN systems and applications as well as their dependencies. The Contractor shall possess knowledge of TCP/IP, subnet masks, routing, SMTP.
- The Contractor shall have competence in scripting languages such as vbscript and Powershell.
- The Contractor shall evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the Windows infrastructure.
- The Contractor shall work in hybrid environment of virtualized and cloud platforms.
- The Contractor shall monitor and correct critical server issues and create recovery processes for failures and performance bottlenecks.
- The Contractor shall use native, add on tools, and third party tools to troubleshoot malfunctions, optimizations. The Contractor shall use tools include Resource Kits, Development Kits, and commercial tools.
- The Contractor shall manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- The Contractor shall install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools to include printing.
- The Contractor shall proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- The Contractor shall monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- The Contractor shall maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- The Contractor shall write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- The Contractor shall participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- The Contractor shall provide 4th level support.
- The Contractor shall liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- The Contractor shall ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval.
- The Contractor shall integrate systems with Windows as it applies to authentication and core services dependencies such single sign-on and Active Directory.
- Engineer and implement solutions for multi factor authentication with FBI standardized software and hardware.
- The Contractor shall document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license keys.
- The Contractor shall continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
Experience/Education requirements for the Functional Subject Matter Expert III (Windows) (SME)
This position shall be filled with individuals that have a minimum of Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) a master’s degree preferred, and 10 years of experience required.